- Titles Serving Spoon (Descriptive)
- Artist Wedgwood, England, est. 1759
- Medium glazed earthenware (Majolica)
- Dimensions 1 1/4 × 7 5/8 × 2 1/4 in. (3.2 × 19.4 × 5.7 cm)
- Credit Line Collection of the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art; The Buten Wedgwood Collection, gift through the Wedgwood Society of New York, AFI.813.2010
- Work Type serving spoon
- Classification Containers
- On View
- Signature Impressed on the underside: WEDGWOOD [and] FIG [for February 1878]
- Marks Impressed on the underside: WEDGWOOD [and] FIG [for February 1878]
- Inscription None
- Provenance Acquired by Harry and Nettie Buten, Merion, Pennsylvania in 1967 ; gift to their son David Buten ; by gift to the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art in 2010
1. According to the catalog card associated with the object.
2. Date of gift unknown. The object remained housed at the Buten Museum of Wedgwood from 1967 to 1988 when it was transferred to Nassau County Museums in Sands Point, Long Island, New York on long-term loan. The object was moved to the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, in 2008 and remained on loan until the gift was made in 2010.