- Titles Chair (Descriptive)
- Artist Frank Lloyd Wright, American, 1867 - 1959 / Matthews Brothers, United States
- Medium oak and leather
- Dimensions 40 1/2 x 15 x 18 1/2 in. (102.9 x 38.1 x 47 cm)
- Credit Line Museum purchase with funds provided by Frances Oliver, by exchange, 1989.30
- Work Type chair
- Classification Furniture
- On View
- Signature none
- Marks none
- Provenance Unity Church, Oak Park, IL, before 1950 [see note 1]. Unknown member of the Unity Church congregation, before 1960 [see note 2]; gift to the 3rd Unitarian Church, Chicago. Dealer Struve Gallery, Chicago; Purchased by the Birmigham Museum of Art, Alabama, 1989
1. Unity Church in Oak Park was built from 1905-1908. Although it is possible the chair was created at the time of building, ther is not any documentation that claims so.
2. The member of the congregation aquired the chair during the 1950s, but there is not an exact date.