DEPARTMENT: Learning and Engagement
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Volunteer and Visitor Services
The Birmingham Museum of Art is looking for a temporary part-time Visitor Services Assistant to support the upcoming exhibition, Heroes and Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume. The position is anticipated to last for a period of 6 months.
The Visitor Services Assistant is the friendly face greeting and engaging with visitors and in supporting ticketing, customer service, wayfinding, and the maker’s space for the exhibition. They will bring a passion for delivering great customer service and will lead our volunteer teams in ensuring visitors feel welcome and have a best in class experience. They will also provide valuable insight into the visitor’s experience based on engagement and inquiries of guests. This is a temporary part-time position with hours scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Leads the team of volunteers in creating a positive experience for museum visitors.
- Acts as the point of contact for issues with ticketing and customer concerns.
- Ensures the maker’s space is stocked with supplies and is an inviting environment for the visitor.
- Reports observations and visitor feedback of opportunities regarding logistics and operations, in addition to collaborating on ways to improve the visitor experience.
- Projects a positive attitude toward the organization and co-workers.
- Perform additional duties as required or requested.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience working with the public preferably in a museum or retail capacity.
- Experience working in an arts environment.
- Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Self-starter, strong at multitasking, highly organized and dependable.
- Ability to be active and stand throughout their shift.
- Possess the skills to effectively and efficiently handle customer questions and concerns with the appropriate managers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, primarily weekends and holidays.
Employment at the BMA:
An offer of employment is contingent upon verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the candidate and passing a background check to determine his/her suitability for employment at the BMA. Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. Professional references will only be contacted after the initial interview is conducted, and references are required for this position. Please do not submit letters of recommendation in advance of the interview or have references called on your behalf.
CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT:
- Letter of interest
- Names, addresses, and phone number of three professional or academic references.
- No phone calls or emails, please.