Department: Institutional Advancement
Supervisor: Director of Institutional Advancement
The Senior Advancement Officer (SAO) works closely with the Museum’s Director of Institutional Advancement in setting and supporting the priorities of the Advancement Department which includes development, marketing, and communication.
- The SAO manages the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of the museum’s stakeholders, including corporate and major donors.
- She/he/they also work(s) closely with the marketing and communications director and external thought partners in communicating the Museum’s mission and needs to a broad constituency.
- The SAO serves as an advancement strategist for accomplishing programmatic, exhibition, and special opportunity fundraising objectives and implementing marketing campaigns and partnerships.
- In the absence of the Institutional Advancement Director, She/he/they supervise(s) the Museum’s advancement staff.
- Successful candidates will ideally have a minimum of five to ten years of relevant experience in major gifts fundraising and management, preferably within a major cultural institution, nonprofit organization, or relevant experience in other client-centered business environments of similar complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term major donor or client relationships. Soliciting corporate funding is strongly preferred, as well as, experience in communications, PR, and marketing.
- Strong organization, relationship, collaboration, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently, are essential. Applications should show proven ability to motivate, develop and work cross-functionally within an organization.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and an example of the candidates’ work, such as a successful proposal, donor collateral or other marketing materials that are reflective of the responsibilities required by this position.
An offer of employment is contingent upon verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the candidate and the successful passage of a background check. Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled.Apply Now