Purpose: Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Marketing and Communications Coordinator in their day to day duties.
Length: Approximately 12 weeks (exact dates to be determined)
Terms: Fall (September-November), Spring (February-April), and Summer (May-July)
Education: Rising college sophomore or higher with at least a 3.0 GPA
Area of Study: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or History
- Outreach – place BMA events on external online calendars and seek opportunities to share our news and events on blogs.
- Track – help track media mentions.
- Research – find weekly articles for the Director and Coordinator on the latest trends in social media and research new ideas to keep our social outlets fresh.
- Public Relations – help build contact lists for current and upcoming exhibitions.
- Write – update current news items on the website, write short descriptions to excite and intrigue our audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of Google Documents
- Understanding of social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Interest in art and an enthusiasm to help the BMA
- Please indicate in your personal statement why you are interested in museum marketing and communications and what you can bring to our team
- Please include a writing sample with your application