Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator manages the development, production, and distribution of content for and across various communication platforms in order to deepen visitor engagement through compelling material related to collections, programs, exhibitions, and staff. They coordinate and manage content for the Museum’s social media platforms, website, and email marketing platform. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator serves as the editor of the annual Museum publication.
- Social Media
- Produces and manages the museum’s social media presence and content on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Develops and collects content and images from all museum departments
- Creates posts, responds to commentary and inquiries, and monitors communication
- Maintains a social media content schedule to promote exhibitions, programs, and events
- Regularly analyzes social media metrics to optimize content
- Stays abreast of latest social media updates, and incorporates changes accordingly
- Connects with other brands and influencers to cultivate new followers and interest in BMA offerings
- Maintains external relationships with bloggers, marketers, and social media influencers
- Digital Channels
- Manages mass email marketing platform to send updates, e-newsletters, promote events, exhibit announcements to members, support groups, patrons, volunteers, etc.
- Gathers and edits email content in collaboration with various departments
- Maintains email lists and groups
- Writes and edits articles for website
- Posts programs, exhibitions, and content to website
- Serves as the editor of Medium magazine
- Collects, edits, and proofs articles/materials for magazine and website
- Coordinates with staff on maintaining timelines, content creation, and writing articles
- Edits articles for grammar, spelling, style and structure.
- Collaborates with the Creative Director on layout, design, production and dissemination.
- Photographs staff, patrons, programs, and events for use in marketing materials
- Other Duties
- Handles a variety of office or administrative tasks, such as logging and filing information, scheduling, handling routine phone calls, and emails.
- Contributes to departmental discussions on strategies and general operations
- Edits photography as needed for use as marketing content
- Light graphic design work through Canva
- Supervises marketing interns by assigning and reviewing work
- Escorts photographers and videographers in galleries
Three to five years of relevant career experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or english preferred.
Employment at the BMA:
An offer of employment is contingent upon verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the candidate and the background check results will determine his/her suitability for employment at the BMA. Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. Professional references will only be contacted after initial interview is conducted, and references are required for this position. Please do not submit letters of recommendation in advance of interview or have references call on your behalf. Candidates may be asked to complete a competency screening upon application to be considered for interview.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit:
Formal cover letter to the Director of Advancement
Resume highlighting relevant work experience
Up-to-date and accurate contact information on both online application and cover letter / resume