Term: Fall (Sept-Dec), Spring (Jan-April), Summer (May-Aug)
Education: College age with 3.0 GPA
Areas of Study: Public/Arts Administration, Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Art History
Time Commitment / Availability: Flexible, non-traditional schedule.
The Development // Events Intern will assist with and learn how to plan and manage large-scale museum events. Internal Museum events include The Museum Ball, Art on the Rocks, exhibition openings, curatorial support group art acquisition events and salons, upper level donor dinners, and other fundraising events.
Assist with invitation mailings and RSVP event registration.
Assist with all event logistics, including but not limited to: site walk throughs, budget management, vendor and artist relations, scheduling meetings, valet, florals, rentals, catering, layouts, and other aspects as needed.
Assisting in day of event management, including set-up, and break-down
General administrative duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly reliable, responsible, and flexible
- Good time management and willingness to work nontraditional hours
- Experience with Google Apps suite, Microsoft Office suite, the internet and social media
- High level of interest in event management and creative programming