SUPERVISOR: Director of Advancement
The Advancement Events Manager reports to the Director of Advancement and is responsible for events designed to steward relationships with Museum donors and prospects, and to secure and increase support from donors, volunteers and corporate sponsors. Primary areas of responsibility include planning and implementation of all internal BMA events as well as serving as the Advancement liaison for Support Groups annual events (Asian Art Society, the Collectors Circle for Contemporary Art, European Arts Society, Friends of American Art, and the Indian Cultural Society).
- Plan and execute every aspect of events as assigned and in concert with key staff, associated committees or volunteers; including but not limited to catering contracts, floor plans, invitation design, guest list preparation, mailings, RSVP tracking, entertainment booking, etc.
- Provide oversight and logistical coordination for events related to the Museum’s Advancement efforts, including but not limited to: Museum Ball, New Years Eve Party, Giving Circle Events and Support Group Acquisition Dinners/Cocktails
- Work in conjunction with Manager of Public Programs, Director of Marketing and Communications, and Membership officer in coordinating logistics of Art on the Rocks, ReFrame Season Openers, and all other museum wide internal events (upper-level in conjunction with Director of Advancement)
- Support Senior Advancement Officer and Membership Officer on sponsorship and/or fundraising components of Art on the Rocks, ReFrame Season Openings, New Years Eve Party and other events as appropriate; this may include preparing prospect lists, helping prepare proposals and solicitation materials, and attending solicitation visits
- Prepare event-related budgets and revenue projections for events, particularly Art on the Rocks, New Years Eve Party, Museum Ball in conjunction with the Director of Advancement; submit check requests and credit card reconciliation documentation for vendor payments in timely manner; work with appropriate staff on invoicing and tracking of guest payments
- Prepare event briefings and final event reports (fundraising, expense budgets, attendance, etc.) for key staff, Ball Chairs, and event files
- Produce follow-up materials and acknowledgements
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations locally to enhance the image of the Museum and make its community role known
- Serve as Master Calendar and website liaison for Advancement Department
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- 5 years experience in event planning through venue / wedding / hotel desired
- Background in non-profit preferred but not required
- Experience managing data for invitation lists, reservations, constituent records, etc (database training will be available for this role)
- Genuine enthusiasm toward mission and goal of the BMA
An offer of employment is contingent upon verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the candidate and the background check results will determine his/her suitability for employment at the BMA. Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. Professional references will only be contacted after the initial interview is conducted, and references are required for this position. Please do not submit letters of recommendation in advance of the interview or have references call on your behalf. Candidates may be asked to complete a competency screening upon application to be considered for interview.
Candidates should submit:
- Formal cover letter to Director of Advancement
- Resume and samples of work
- No phone calls or emails, please