- This event has passed.
Holi: Indian Culture Festival
March 7, 2015 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Did you know that one of the biggest Hindu holidays—Holi—is celebrated in March? Take an adventure through the Museum’s Southeast Asian and Indian galleries for one of Birmingham’s favorite cultural celebrations. Music, dance, art activities, and more fill up the day!
Create color from 11AM-3PM:
- Art activities
- Scavenger hunt
- Traditional Indian food (provided by Taj India)
- Henna tattoos
- Bart’s ArtVenture!
Live Music and Dance Performances, Steiner Auditorium:
- 11AM // Traditional Indian dance performances by local youth groups
- 1PM // Professional Indian dance and music by:
- The Auburn Indian Music Ensemble
- Dipti Deshmane Bollywood Dance
- Sudha Raghuram
- Aastha’s Dance Classes
- Piyalee Sharma
- Natyananda Dance School and Company
- Notinee Indian Dance Group
- Nanda Sane Dance Group: Fusion Faction
11:30AM // Family Tour // Indian Gallery
12:30PM // Storytelling // Indian Gallery
2:45PM // Play Colors // Garden Walk
Celebrate Holi as it should be celebrated – with colors! End the day by throwing colors and welcoming spring!