Round, cast-iron medallion with the portrait bust of Apostle John the Evangelist three-quarter right with his head facing front, his left arm rests on a book and in his left hand he holds a scroll, behind him on his right is a cup with a viper in it, his emblem, in memory of the challenge to him by a high priest of Diana at Ephesus to drink a poisoned cup

St. John the Evangelist

Royal Prussian Iron Foundry, Gleiwitz, After a model by Leonhard Posch

About 1818