- Titles Robin in the Autumn Woods ((not entered))
- Artist Dorothy Doughty, British, born San Remo, Italy, 1892 - died 1962 / Royal Worcester, England, Worcestershire, est. 1862
- Medium Bone china with enamel decoration
- Dimensions 6 7/8 × 6 3/8 × 5 3/8 in. (17.5 × 16.2 × 13.6 cm)
- Credit Line Gift of Mrs. Catherine Collins and Mrs. Horace Hammond, 1965.34
- Work Type figure
- Classification Sculpture
- Signature See inscription.
- Marks See inscription.
- Inscription Bottom of base, written: 0301H Bottom of base, stamped: Robin Erythacus Rubecula / by / [Royal Worcester factory mark, c. 1959 onward] / © 1964 EST OF / [D. Doughty signature] Side of base, front: [gold dot] Side of base, back: W [gold]
- Provenance Designed for Royal Worcester Porcelain Company Ltd., by Dorothy Doughty (1892-1962), 1961, fabricated by Royal Worcester Porcelain Company Ltd., 1964 [see note 1]; purchased by Mrs. Horace Hammond (Catherine) and Catherine H. Collins in England; their gift to the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, September 15, 1965 [see note 2]
1. This figure was part of a limited edition of 500, initially designed in 1961.
2. Mrs. Horace Hammond and Catherine H. Collins presented the bird to William Spencer, chairman of the board, via the Women's Day Lecture Series. See clipping from the Birmingham News, September 19, 1965, in file.