- Titles Narcisse (Proper)
- Artist E. J. Glairon-Mondet, French, died 1806 / Published by, Jacques-Firmin Beauvarlet, French, 1731 - 1797
- Medium etching and aquatint
- Dimensions sheet: 19 15/16 × 14 in. (50.6 × 35.6 cm) plate: 18 3/16 × 12 7/16 in. (46.2 × 31.6 cm) image: 16 5/16 × 11 1/2 in. (41.4 × 29.2 cm)
- Credit Line Collection of the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art; Purchase with funds provided by Martha Pezrow, AFI.17.2019
- Work Type print
- Classification Prints
- Signature Watermark, center, two lines, indecipherable
- Marks Watermark, center, two lines, indecipherable
- Inscription Recto, in plate, below image left, printed: De Lorme Pinx. In plate, below image right, printed: Mondet Sculp. In plate, below image center, printed: NARCISSE. / A Madame la Duchesse de Chartres. / [smaller font] A Paris Chez Beauvarlet Graveur du Roy; Rue du Petit Bourbon attenant la Foire St. Germain. Verso, bottom left corner, in pencil: 8 Bottom right corner, in pencil: 8 / p. 60 / [in different hand] 150714 [surrounded in box] on old mat (now removed), lower right corner, in pencil: 1S0714
- Provenance Dealer Christian Collin Gallery, Paris [see note 1]; purchased by dealer Paul Prouté, Paris, 2015 [see note 2]; purchased by the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, 2019
1. Confirmed via email correspondence that is dated December 30, 2019. This dealer has no further provenance information for T.2019.151. See copy of email correspondence in object file.
2. According to the dealer Paul Prouté via email correspondence that is dated to December 20, 2019. See copy of email correspondence in object file.