- Titles Harlequin Family (Proper)
- Artist Modeled by, Johann Joachim Kaendler, German, 1706 - 1775 / Royal Porcelain Manufactory Meissen, Meissen (Saxony), Germany, est. 1710
- Medium hard-paste porcelain with overglaze enamel colors and gilding
- Dimensions 6 1/2 x 6 3/4 x 4 3/4 in. (16.5 x 17.1 x 12.1 cm)
- Credit Line Eugenia Woodward Hitt Collection, 1991.330
- Work Type figure
- Classification Sculpture
- Signature Crossed swords in underglaze blue on the underside of the base.
- Marks Crossed swords in underglaze blue on the underside of the base.
- Inscription None
- Provenance Ex coll von Pannwitz; with Rosenberg & Stiebel, New York; ex. coll. Eugenia Woodward Hitt, New York; by bequest to the Birmingham Museum of Art
Catalina von Pannwitz, Heemstede, The Netherlands (1876-1959)
Otto von Falke and Max J. Friedlander, "Die Kunstsammlung von Pannwitz" (Munich, 1925), vol. 2, p. 37, cat. no. 427. Catalina von Pannwitz and her husband, Walter (d. 1920), had already formed an art collection by 1905. Rosenberg and Stiebel sold many objects from the Pannwitz collection beginning in the 1940s.