- Titles Enthroned Madonna and Christ Child with Angels, Saints Paula and Agatha (Proper)
- Artist Michele Ciampanti, formerly called Stratonice Master, Italy, 1463 - 1500
- Medium tempera on panel
- Dimensions 55 3/4 x 43 1/8 in. (141.6 x 109.5 cm) frame: 69 × 56 3/4 × 4 1/2 in. (175.3 × 144.1 × 11.4 cm)
- Credit Line Gift of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, 1961.124
- Work Type painting
- Classification Paintings
- On View
- Provenance John Watkins Brett (1805-1863), London, by 1857; his estate sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, April 5-18, 1864, no. 820, as Filippo Lippi; with P & D Colnaghi, London [see note 1]. John Francis Austen (1817-1893), London, by 1877; by descent to Mrs. Austen, London; by descent to John Francis Austen, Capel Manor, Horsmonden, Kent; auctioned by Christie, Manson & Woods, London, March 18, 1921, 19 no. 82, as Filippo Lippi [unsold]; remained with Trustees of Austen Estate [see note 2]; auctioned by Christie, Manson & Woods, London, July 10, 1931, p. 15, no. 64, as Filippo Lippi; purchased by Francis Howard, London [see note 3]. With Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi (1878-1955), Florence; purchased by Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York, June 7, 1954 as Master of the Stratonice Cassone; on loan to the Birmingham Museum of Art, 1959; gift of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation to the Birmingham Museum of Art, 1961
1. Shapley, Fern Rusk, Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, Italian Schools XIII-XV Century (London: Phaidon Press, 1966), 139.
3. According to an annotation in an auction catalogue at The Frick Art Reference Library.