- Titles Covered Vase (Descriptive)
- Artist Wedgwood, England, est. 1759
- Medium white stoneware
- Dimensions 12 1/4 × 6 1/2 × 5 1/4 in. (31.1 × 16.5 × 13.3 cm)
- Credit Line Collection of the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art; The Buten Wedgwood Collection, gift through the Wedgwood Society of New York, AFI.3107.2008a-b
- Work Type vase with cover
- Classification Containers
- Signature Unsigned
- Marks On the underside impressed: WEDGWOOD
- Inscription None
- Provenance Manufactured by Wedgwood (est. 1759), Etruria factory, Stoke-on-Trent, England, 1790-1800. With Treasure House, Seattle Washington, prior 1949 [see note 1]; Harry Buten (1904-1971) and Nettie Buten (1902-1998), Merion, Pennsylvania, in 1949 [see note 2]; by descent to their children [see note 3]; gift to the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, in 2008
1. According to the catalog card that came with the collection.
2. The vase was part of the Buten Museum of Wedgwood (operated 1958-1988), Merion, Pennsylvania, and was removed to the Nassau County Museums, Sands Point, Long Island, New York, on long-term loan in 1988 upon closure of the Buten Museum of Wedgwood The collection was transferred to the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, in 2008.
3. Max Buten; David Buten; Beatrice Buten Magee; and Iris Buten Newman.