- Titles Aspen Forest (Proper)
- Artist Victor Higgins, American, 1884 - 1949
- Medium oil on canvas
- Dimensions 26 x 26 in. (66 x 66 cm) frame: 33 7/8 × 34 × 3 1/2 in. (86 × 86.4 × 8.9 cm)
- Credit Line Collection of the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art; Gift of Corbin and Dodie Day, AFI.88.2011
- Work Type painting
- Classification Paintings
- On View
- Provenance Victor Higgins, Taos, NM, 1917-1948 [see note 1]; purchased by Eulalia Emetaz, TM, a dealer, 1948-1949; purchased by Mr. Bond [see note 2], Taos, NM, 1949. With Mitchell Brown Fine Art, Tucson, AZ, by 1991. Purchased by Corbin and Dodie Day, Birmingham, AL, by 2001; their gift to the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art, AL, 2011
 The painting was consigned to Milch Galleries in 1921, according to the Milch Galleries inventory cards.
 The buyer may be Frank Bond, Jr. Record of the purchase by Mr. Bond is documented in the inventory that Dean A. Porter believes was prepared in conjunction with the 1957 memorial exhibition of Higgins's work at the New Mexico Museum of Art. Aspen Forest was included in the inventory but not in the exhibition.