- Titles Allegory of Summer (Descriptive)
- Artist After the terracotta model (1700-1710) by, Camillo Rusconi, Italian, Rome, 1658 - 1728
- Medium stoneware (black basalt)
- Dimensions 18 x 12 1/2 x 13 1/2 in. (45.7 x 31.8 x 34.3 cm)
- Credit Line Collection of the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art; The Buten Wedgwood Collection, gift through the Wedgwood Society of New York, AFI.3262.2008
- Work Type sculpture
- Classification Sculpture
- Signature None
- Marks None
- Inscription None
- Provenance The maker, England. Harry Buten (1904-1971) and Nettie Buten (1902-1998), Merion, Pennsylvania, prior to their deaths [see note 1]; by descent to their children [see note 2]; by gift to the Art Fund, Inc. at the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama in 2008
1. The figure became part of the Buten Museum of Wedgwood (operated 1958-1988), Merion, Pennsylvania, and upon closure was placed on long-term loan with the Nassau County Museums, Sands Point, Long Island, New York, until August 2008 when the collection was transferred to the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama.
2. Max Buten; David Buten; Beatrice Buten Magee; and Iris Buten Newman, after the death of Nettie in 1998.