The Museum recently added nine new stops to its smartguide in conjunction with the opening of Black Like Who? Exploring Race and Representation. The Black Like Who? smartguide feature, available for FREE here, complements any visit to the exhibition.
The Black Like Who? smartguide feature includes:
- Welcome and introductions from Dr. Graham C. Boettcher, Chief Curator and Curator of American Art, and Kelli Morgan, Curatorial Fellow for African-American Art
- An overview of the exhibition and its five sections
- Audio commentary from Dr. Graham Boettcher; Kelli Morgan; Joyce Crawford Mitchell, collector; and Dr. Henry Panion, III, Professor of Music, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- High-resolution images for selected works in the exhibition
- Links to three short documentaries on race from the New York Times OpDocs series
The Black Like Who? smartguide feature, accessed for FREE here, is optimized for tablets, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices. Visitors without their own devices may check out an iPad for FREE from the Museum; FREE WiFi is also available throughout the Museum. Headphones are also available in the Museum Store for visitors who would like to access audio content in the exhibition.
Using your web-enabled smart device, click here to get started.