Welcome to your Museum!
Bart the Art Bat has come up with tons of fun things for kids and adults to do together! Explore, discover, and create art with Bart the Art Bat, the Museum’s fun and funky mascot!
- Explore the world
- Discover new things
- Create art
- Share quality family time
- Make new memories
- Have tons of fun with your family!
Tips for a Fun Family Visit:
Don’t Try Too Much!
There is lots to see and do at the Museum, but little legs and little eyes get tired easily. You can have a great time looking at just a few works of art or visiting one of our Hands-ON Areas. Plan to spend about 30 minutes to an hour at the Museum with your child.
Remember, we are FREE and open 6 days a week, so you can come back as often as you like!
Where to Find Things:
Museum staff and volunteers are happy to answer your questions. Look for them in Bart’s ArtVenture, Museum entrances, and the Information Desk.
Go to Oscar’s Café and check out the kids menu or grab a snack from the vending machine. Enjoy your snacks and drinks in Oscar’s Café, the Museum lobby or the Red Mountain Garden Club Memorial Garden.
Bathro0oms are located on each floor. Changing stations are in the restroom on the 2nd floor off the main lobby.
Strollers and Wheelchairs
Stroller and wheelchairs may be checked out from the Security Officer at the parking lot entrance.
- In the Museum galleries, please look with your eyes–not with your hands. Even clean hands leave dirt and oils that damage artworks.
- Adults, please stay with your children and explore the Museum together.
- Only pencils are allowed in the galleries.
- Please keep a safe distance from the art (at least two feet).
- Please leave backpacks and large items in your car, or check them into a locker.
- If you want to take pictures, just ask the Security Officer at the entrance for a camera pass. Remember to turn your flash off – bright light can hurt some works of art.
Before you leave…
Get Your ArtVenture Passport Stamped! ArtVenture Passport is a visitor reward program for families. You can collect up to two stamps per visit. Collect six stamps and get a cool prize from Bart! Passports are available from the attendant in Bart’s ArtVenture.
Remember Your Visit
Shop the Museum Store and take home a souvenir, art supplies, books, postcards, and more.