Reports To: Chief Financial Officer, Johnny McIntosh contact: email@example.com
Compensation: TBD based on experience, includes base salary with commission on event revenue
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, BA or BS, Majors in Business, Marketing, or Hospitality degrees a plus
Experience Requirements: Minimum of two years in event planning, coordinating, and/or directing. Experience in marketing event venues a plus.
• Marketing and booking museum facilities for external event rental.
• Work with outside client to coordinate all aspects of the event.
• Maintain museum calendar that includes external and internal events.
• Liaison with exclusive catering company, A Social Affair.
• Schedule and arrange all logistics for events including working with vendors for lighting, rental equipment, entertainment, audiovisual, photographers, florists etc.
• Work with various internal staff including security, maintenance, and others to assure that set-up instructions are executed accurately and timely for a successful event.
• Maintain accurate book keeping and billing for outside clients.
• Building client relationships and retaining clients for future bookings.
• Liaison with museum café, Oscars.
• Assist other staff on internal events as needed.
• Evening and weekend hours required on occasion.