Education: rising college sophomore or higher with at least a 3.0 GPA
Area of Study: English, History, Communications, or Public Relations
Purpose: Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Marketing and Communications Coordinator in their day to day duties.
- Outreach – place BMA events on external online calendars and seek opportunities to share our news and events on blogs.
- Track – help track media mentions and keep mentions organized in press binder.
- Research – find weekly articles for the Director and Coordinator on the latest trends in social media and research new ideas to keep our social outlets fresh.
- Public Relations – help build contact lists for current and upcoming exhibitions.
- Write – update current news items on the website, write short descriptions to excite and intrigue our audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Understanding of social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Interest in art and an enthusiasm to help the BMA!
- Please indicate in your personal statement why you are interested in museum marketing and communications and what you can bring to our team.
- Please include a writing sample with your application