The Museum recently added 10 new stops to its smartguide in conjunction with the opening of Lethal Beauty: Samurai Weapons and Armor. The Lethal Beauty smartguide feature, available for FREE here, complements any visit to the exhibition and allows visitors to explore artworks and themes in-depth.
The Lethal Beauty smartguide feature includes:
- An overview and welcome to the exhibition from Dr. Donald A. Wood, the Museum’s Senior Curator and Curator of Asian Art
- Images and more information about individual artworks and groups of artworks in the exhibition
- Audio commentary from specialists on Japanese art, history, and culture
- Web links to related artworks and information
- BMA-exclusive content, including “Samurai as Patrons of the Arts” and “Warrior Women of Japan”
- A new Family Focus! tour, “Samurai Stories,” for adults and children to explore together
The Lethal Beauty smartguide feature, accessed for FREE here, is optimized for tablets, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices. Visitors without their own devices may check out an iPad for FREE from the Museum’s information desk, located on the 2nd floor in front of Oscar’s café; FREE WiFi is also available throughout the Museum. Headphones are also available in the Museum Store for visitors who would like to access audio and video content in the exhibition.
Using your web-enabled smart device, click here to get started.